- About the Program
About the Program
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Arts in Global Affairs (MAGA), a market-rate program. Unlike traditional professional graduate programs in international affairs, the MAGA Program offers pragmatic skills combined with the theoretical rigor to tackle some of the world’s perplexing concerns brought upon by globalization. The program currently features two tracks:
- Globalization and Security Track
- Global Risk and Corporate Responsibility Track
- International Development Track
Our renowned faculty have world-wide experience in organizations, agencies, and companies that include the World Bank, NATO, United States Department of Justice, United States Department of Defense, Council of the Americas, Komatsu, Citi, and Ackerman Group to name a few. The program’s size not only places students in the appropriate learning environment to interact closely with such faculty but offers the personal attention and assistance required when searching for career prospects.
We invite you to explore our website and learn about our innovative program and curriculum. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
Program Starting Dates
A new cohort will start every Fall semester (August) each academic year.
Now accepting applications for Fall 2017
|Albert Hoyt, Recruiter||Jose Osorno, Program Coordinator|
Time / Location
Classes will be held at FIU Modesto A. Maidique Campus on a weekday evening (depending on the cohort) as well as Saturday mornings and afternoons.
Unique Features of the MAGA Program
- Cohort-based program.
- Is a skills-based program that will equip you to compete for and excel in employment opportunities in the global market.
- It is designed to provide you with the ability to understand and negotiate successfully across societies and borders.
- The program will start every Fall semester (no Spring or Summer admittance).
- Classes will be offered twice a week weekday evening and Saturdays.
- You will be able to complete the program in two years. Four semesters with no Summer Enrollment.
- The program will provide you with a unique combination of academic knowledge and practical skills.
- Able to continue working full time while pursuing the degree.
- Non-credit professional development seminars (PDS) focused on leadership, budget management, grant writing, media, presentation skills and applied research will be offered several times a semester.