- What kind of undergraduate degree must I have to qualify for this program?
FIU requires you to have a four-year bachelor degree from an accredited university.
- Do I include my certified transcripts with the application?
FIU requires that official transcripts are sent in directly by the college(s) or university you attend(ed). You cannot send in copies of these transcripts yourself.
If you are an alumnus of FIU, there is no need to have transcripts sent. If you attended a university outside the U.S. and the transcripts are not in English, they must be translated by a certified translator. The translation and an official copy of the transcripts must be submitted.
- Who is required to submit TOEFL?
Applicants whose native language is not English or who did not obtain a degree in the U.S. need to take the TOEFL test. They will need to score at least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, 80 on the internet-based test, or an equivalent score on a comparable examination. Please visit http://www.ets.org/toeflfor more information. List of TOEFL exempt countries can be found on the following website: http://gradschool.fiu.edu/future-students-international.shtml.
- Where can I find information on how to register for TOEFL test?
For more information about taking a test, test dates, etc. please see information below:
FIU Institutional TOEFL (valid only at FIU):
FIU – English Language Institute (ELI)
- How many students are there in the classes?
The maximum number of students per class is 40.
- Is a thesis required in the program?
No, there is no required thesis. Students are required to complete a Capstone Project in lieu.
- Can classes be waived if I took some related classes in another university?
Classes taken in another university program will not be waived since this is a lock-step program. Courses from other programs also are not transferable.
- Can I pursue two graduate degrees at the same time?
No. Unfortunately, you cannot pursue two degrees at the same time at FIU.
- Can I prolong the MAGA program for more than two years?
No, you cannot prolong the MAGA for more than two years. Since it is a lock-step program, you must remain with your class throughout the entire sequence until the program is concluded.
- Can I apply for financial aid?
Yes. You can apply for financial aid online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or pick up an application at any high school, college or university. For specific information regarding financial aid please contact FIU's Financial Aid Office at http://finaid.fiu.edu. It is advisable that you begin the process as soon as possible.
- Are there any scholarships available?
Information about scholarships can be obtained from the following sources:
FIU Graduate Funding
- Does FIU offer on-campus housing?
Yes. For more information on on-campus housing options please visit http://www.housing.fiu.edu.