What kind of undergraduate degree must I have to qualify for this program?
- FIU requires you to have a four-year bachelor degree from an accredited university.
Do I include my certified transcripts with the application?
- FIU requires that official transcripts are sent in directly by the college(s) or university (ies) you attend(ed). You cannot send in copies of these transcripts yourself.
- If you are an alumnus (ae) of FIU, there is no need to have transcripts sent. If you attended a university outside the U.S. and the transcripts are not in English, they must be translated by a certified translator. The translation and an official copy of the transcripts must be submitted.
Who is required to submit TOEFL?
- Applicants whose native language is not English or who did not obtain a degree in the U.S. need to take the TOEFL test. They will need to score at least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, 80 on the internet-based test, or an equivalent score on a comparable examination. Please visit http://www.ets.org/toefl for more information. List of TOEFL exempt countries can be found on the following website: http://gradschool.fiu.edu/future-students-international.shtml.
Where can I find information on how to register for TOEFL test?
- For more information about taking a test, test dates, etc. please see information below:
- TOEFL: http:/www.ets.orgtoefl, 1-800-468-6335
- FIU Institutional TOEFL (valid only at FIU):
FIU – English Language Institute (ELI)
How many students are there in the classes?
- The maximum number of students per class is 40.
Is a thesis required in the program?
- No, there is no required thesis. Students are required to complete a Capstone Project in lieu.
Can classes be waived if I took some related classes in another university?
- Classes taken in another university program will not be waived since this is a lock-step program. Courses from other programs also are not transferable.
Can I pursue two graduate degrees at the same time?
- No. Unfortunately, you cannot pursue two degrees at the same time at FIU.
Can I prolong the MAGA program for more than two years?
- No, you cannot prolong the MAGA for more than two years. Since it is a lock-step program, you must remain with your class throughout the entire sequence until the program is concluded.
Can I apply for financial aid?
- Yes. You can apply for financial aid online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or pick up an application at any high school, college or university. For specific information regarding financial aid please contact FIU's Financial Aid Office at http://finaid.fiu.edu. It is advisable that you begin the process as soon as possible.
Are there any scholarships available?
- Information about scholarships can be obtained from the following sources:
Does FIU offer on-campus housing?
- Yes. For more information on on-campus housing options please visit http://www.housing.fiu.edu.